It may be fall where you're at, but here in San Francisco we're still craving a crisp cold cocktail — and this one is delish! We crafted this sweet spritzer using the wine from Danielle's wedding.
- Prepare the simple syrup by mixing lemon juice, 1 cup of water, and sugar in a large pot — then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, add 1 bunch of thyme and lemon zest, let steep for 15 minutes. While mixture is still hot, add a few more thyme sprigs, plus more sugar and lemon juice, if desired.
- Once simple syrup is ready, fill the pitcher with ice, add 1/3 cup simple syrup and several slices of lemon and thyme sprigs to the pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher with wine and top off with ginger beer.
- Divide among glasses, then top off with more ginger beer. Add ice, if desired and garnish with thyme sprigs and a lemon slice.